Clarksville is the home of Fort Campbell, a military base. I knew that the events I was seeing meant that many of those soldiers would be leaving for the Middle East. I also knew that this meant that many families would have to say goodbye to their loved ones. For some, it was forever.
This morning, I turned on the T.V. and thought about how so many things have changed in ten years. Here are some things I came up with.
- I am now married to a wonderful, caring man.
- I am now a teacher. In 2001, I had just graduated (in August) and moved to Nashville for my first marketing job.
- I live in Nashville, TN and have lived here for 10 years!
- You could go to the airport and it didn't take forever to get through security and you could take full bottles of toiletries with you.
- I sure didn't blog in 2001. It wasn't really a term then.
- IPhones were not invented.