Saturday, January 22, 2011

So, this is really just a complaint.

So, I am in the mood for complaining today. Craig will say I do this quite often, but I don't agree. I think I have a pretty great life. So here it goes. I live in a very urbanized area of Nashville where I have a great house that I am quite proud of. I feel very lucky to be my age and have such a wonderful house. Most of my cohorts don't. When choosing my house, we chose it because of its wonderful amenities....stainless appliances, hardwood floors, tall ceilings, double sinks in the master, 4 bedrooms, a fireplace, huge garage and basement, great view, and of course the two walk in closets that we don't have to share. I also love the storage. The complaint of today is nothing new. I have a neighbor on one side that needs to live in the country. On the other side, my neighbor is building a house that is taking centuries to complete. I am surrounded by mess. I hate mess. Besides the dog poop yard next door, the leaning doll house, the camper that has a flat tire, and the trailer that never moves, I also hate their loud vehicles. Over the summer, it was the motorcycle, not it's the 4-wheeler that is louder than a Metallica concert. Keep in mind, we live in the city and Nashville ordinances say that you can't ride a 4-wheeler on the roads. This doesn't stop my neighbor. Craig and I went to bed hearing it and woke up to him revving it up at 7:30 this morning. I can't stand it. It sucks! Our bedroom window is right next to their driveway (at least 40 feet away) and I can hear it crystal clear! That's my complaint of the day. I wish I could do something about it. Over the summer, I marched myself outside at 11pm because of the motorcycle. I will do it again if I have to. I really love peace and quite. My neighbor obviously doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment