Wednesday, January 12, 2011

So, the snow is still here.

We are on snow day number 3 for this week. That means that if it snows anymore, we will be in school more days in May. I can't really say that I haven't enjoyed doing what I want and sleeping in this week. I have been to Target twice this week and went to TJ Maxx today. I really couldn't bear the thought of having to be stuck inside all day. Much to my excitement, I actually found some things that I like at TJ Maxx. Usually I go there and can't find anything that I really need. I taught my students about "wants and needs." I would say that TJ Maxx consists of "wants." Last night, I was watching What Not to Wear and it really hit me that I need to step it up in the clothing department. I shop, shop and shop some more and come home with nothing every time. Craig will tell you that I only come home with tank tops and hoodies. I can't really say he is wrong, but I always tell him that that he is. Today I really kept my mind open and found some things I really like. One of which is a hoodie, but it ties around the waist and is super cute. I can even wear it to work.  I also found a cute cardigan sweater and a pair of stretchy, skinny jeans. I really never thought I'd be buying skinny jeans, but today my friends, I did. I couldn't resist. They are comfy and cute. My boots even fit over them.

I will have to say that this nonstop snow has been weird. Even as I got out of my car in the parking lots of TJ Maxx and Target, there was snow piled up everywhere. It has been a strange winter so far. I am really ready for warmer weather. It is supposed to be in the 40's this weekend. That seems like a heat wave!

My new flag that my Mom & Dad gave me for my birthday.

The tag on my new jeans cracks me up!

Snow on my back deck.

Snow piled up on the front deck. Craig tried to clear it for the FedEx guy.

my cute new sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment