Thursday, January 13, 2011

Coffee sack pillow cover

So, I admit, I am a little bored after not working for 4 days. I just got the news that school is out once again tomorrow. I really can't believe it. This will be an entire week plus Monday. I got a little bored today, so I came up with the idea of making a pillow cover out of an old coffee sack. Thanks to Craig, he picked a few up at our favorite junk store in Winchester. It has been in our basement for at least a year. I have seen really cute pillows made out of coffee sacks and refuse to pay the ridiculous amount of money that people are asking for them. The only problem is that my sewing abilities suck. I will have so say, I cheated a little. I don't have a sewing machine, so I basically pinned the edges together to get the look I wanted. Next time my Mom visits, she will have to sew it for me. My goal for 2011 is to learn how to sew. Mark my word. Below are some cute pics of the pillow. Ignore the chair. It was a hand-me-down from a friend and Craig leaned back a little too hard one day and broke a rail in the back. It still sits in my living room because I can't find the right replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment