Friday, January 14, 2011

Laundry Room Art Show

So, I saw the cutest thing on a blog. This lady made her own canvas art using her computer, printer, pencil, and paint. I decided that since I have yet another snow day that I would try it out myself. I went to Big Lots and purchased two canvases (sp?) They were 6 buckaroos. I was pleased to find the deal. I went home and got to work. I already had plenty of paint at home, so I found a font that I liked on Word. I chose one and printed off the words "dirty and clean" using the cute font that I found. I used my pencil to trace the letters on the back and then turned it over and traced it onto the canvas. When I got done, I realized that the pencil markings weren't going to erase, so I got over it and went on. It gives it "character." At the last minute, I decided to use a foam circle brush that I purchased to make a baby shower gift last year. I think they both turned out super cute. The only thing I'd change would be the pencil marks. We learn from your mistakes. Next time I'll certainly try not to push so hard on the pencil.



Aren't they cute hanging on the wall? My laundry room is a little small, so I couldn't get the full picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment