Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

The Dore Christmas celebration started on December 23. Craig and I made the journey down 65S to Huntsville. We were welcomed to the Broadway abode with lunch and beautiful Christmas decorations. Mom and I headed out to Carrie's to get beautified. What a fun mother-daughter experience. I really enjoyed the mohawk Carrie gave my mom. It was hilarious! After our hair do's, we went back home and Craig and I got ready for a night out on the town. We went to Phil Sandival's to eat dinner and then Carrie and Joe took us to the Nook. I will have to say that I was a little overwhelmed with the selection of beers (three pages worth!) Afterwards we headed back to Carrie and Joe's for drinks. We had fun playing with their two hairless cats; Pesto and Rosie. We didn't get back home until after 11. This is really past our bedtime! On Christmas Eve Mom and I made a last minute stop to Dollar General to pick up some little gifts and then we headed home to make lunch. Mom served us lasagna and garlic bread for lunch. After a little cat on the bread debacle and lots of laughs, we ate a great lunch. Afterwards, we opened presents. Like usual, the presents were plentiful. Craig got his much anticipated Birkenstock clogs, a pocket knife, some roasted nuts, and  a Sonic card and I got a comfy hoodie suit, Pottery Barn wine glasses and wine, towels to match my newly painted bathroom, and Rachael Ray spoons that fit on the side of your pans. I also got a Starbucks card, candles and Rachael Ray spatulas. It is amazing what you get excited about when you are older. On Christmas morning we woke up to a white Christmas! What a surprise. It was beautiful. I helped Mom get prepared for lunch and Craig fried the turkey. Everyone showed up and we had a wonderful lunch. Craig and I headed out around 2  and found that the 565 on ramp was closed. We finally made it to the Interstate and it the roads weren't that bad. There wasn't even much snow when we reached the TN state line. We went straight to the Dore's in Franklin and had yet another Christmas. We had chili and cornbread. I feel like if I eat again I may blow up! We had a wonderful holiday. I feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful family.


Yours truly and my friend, Carrie's cat, Pesto.

Craig and Pesto. He likes to climb on your shoulders.

Christmas day snow in Huntsville.



My Dad's took house that he built.

Craig loves to fry turkeys. Even in the snow.









 


No comments:

Post a Comment