Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bargain of the day


So my oh so exciting day consisted of drinking coffee, eating breakfast, making two trips to Target, and buying paint at Ace. While at Ace, I saw the cutest tall, skinny Christmas trees that come in a wonderful little pot and are lit. The best part of it was that they were on sale for $10 bucks! I couldn't believe it. Luckily, I had some Christmas money left (courtesy of Craig) and I bought them. I was so excited to get home with them and take them out of the box. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. I decided to put one in my family room and one in my bedroom. I decorated them with red and blue balls that my Mom picked up several years ago for my apt. tree. I am very happy with the way they look. I tried them outside next to my hidden door and realized that the logistics of plugging them in was just not going to work. The plug was on one side and it was going to be a big, ugly mess! I am also super excited because Craig and I are going to tackle the paint job in our bathroom. Tomorrow we are going to have a paint party if anyone wants to join us. It should be loads of fun. The last time I painted, I ended up with paint on my butt and everywhere but the wall. We'll see how it goes. I really believe that with the two of us, we can get it done. We chose a Pottery Barn color called Santorini Blue. Just the sound of it takes me away to a Greek Isle. I am hoping that it looks as good as it sounds.

Isn't it cute! I love it when it is lit.


No comments:

Post a Comment